Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Marketing, marketing, marketing

"Get out there"; "Why aren't you selling more"; "Wawawa" ...we've heard it all.

Thanks to my friend Leslie Redhead she has inspired me to market myself.

Over the last week, I started using the obvious tool to market my artwork...dah...the internet. Why didn't I think of it sooner. Oh, I had my personal Facebook page for close family and friends, and some of my artwork on my photos page, but it wasn't getting my artwork out there for all to see...and it is important to increase your profile.

The internet offers many marketing strategies. Using the following tools I have set up this blog (hello...blogging...da da da), my website, and several platforms where I can showcase my artwork:
Google blogspot
My Art Club
My Art Space
Facebook
and a group page on Facebook

Each of these platforms has its benefits the biggest one being exposure.

As the trend for internet sales ever increases, many people turn to the internet for help. just as you would get a recipe for free, many of the marketing tools are free. The down side is they take a lot of time to maintain...which ultimately means less time to paint.

But for those of us who want to increase our exposure and don't mind putting the time in...there are may "internet" options available...

happy marketing...and painting

No comments:

Post a Comment