Saturday, April 9, 2011

SPAC Fine Art Show & Sale

The 58th annual SPAC show will be held Saturday April 30th and Sunday May 1st. This is my second show at SPAC, and I am submitting 4 paintings, 2 are done and the other two are 2/3 the way completed.

The painting shown here is called "Rounding the Bend". I captured the image while vacationing at the 105 Mile House "Dude Ranch" called "Crystal Waters Guest Ranch" several years ago with two great friends Karen Sager & Carol Gillard.

This perspective was cropped from the original using Photoshop, and drawn onto 300lb watercolour paper. Using a very limited palette of Raw Sienna, Quin Gold, Burnt Sienna and Prussian Blue this painting was rendered.

This next painting was inspired by an image of a Sunken vessel in the Richmond area of the Fraser river. I couldn't resist.


I will post the others as they are completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment